Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Humanspace Empires Preview

 





I'm running a few days behind schedule on the Humanspace Empires Playtest Draft rules due to a mad mad week, long hours at work, busy weekend, and having to spend most of this evening editing a friend's term paper and writing a grad school recommendation for a former co-worker.

Still, the playtest draft is nearly finished. The current document runs about 45 pages and covers character generation, psychic and super-scientific powers, and combat. A few basic rules for Space Dungeon exploring are also included.

I fully expect to have a copy on-line tomorrow...or maybe the next day. In the interim, check out a few of the extracted pages...

12 comments:

  1. That's very cool! I can't wait to hold this :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Cool!

    For figures I think Hydra Miniatures' "Galacteers" would work, or the Cobalt I (& II) figures by Bob Naismith.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good so far. The secret I learned with recommendations is to get them to write them themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is GLORIUS!!! I am really looking forward to running this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I'm amazingly excited about this project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeez, sign me up-- I'll pay for it! (And be happy to do so). Looks great. The EPT rules really were the best Old School system, and this looks like a perfect re-implementation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks to all for the encouragement.

    @ckutalik: I've pulled that trick with recommendations before. The applicant, in this case, was a 22 year old Brigette Bardot with an 18 charisma. Difficult to say anything to her except yes...

    @Scott: Thanks and it will be free...should be finished tomorrow evening. I hope you won't be disappointed that the system is not purely based on EPT...it is about a 50-50 blend of EPT and D&D...

    ReplyDelete
  8. The suspense is killing me.... I hope it lasts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There were a few unplanned for delays but it it's finished and will be available soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...